Super Bowl Hard on Heart
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 31 January 2011 9:38 AM
Super Bowl parties have all the fixings to bring on something unpleasant says the San Francisco Chronicle: a heart attack. All the fatty food plus alcohol plus stress is too much for people, especially those with heart disease, to handle. Doctors say all the excitement and stress is tantamount to running a marathon. Doctors advice fans to watch what they eat and take their meds and maybe have a little halftime meditation if things aren’t looking good for your side.
A study being released today looks at the 1980 Super Bowl, when deaths in Los Angeles rose 15 percent following the (then-LA) Rams loss. UPDATE: The New York Times has some funny treatment guidelines and home remedies for suffering fans.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Business Insider spent a day with me, documenting my 15-hour workday
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/21 Teen Survives Flight from San Jose to Maui in Wheel Well
- 4/18 Business Insider’s “Day in the Life” Video with Pat
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg