Judge: Yoga Not Religious Instruction, OK for Schools
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 2 July 2013 7:40 AM
Reading, Writing and Downward Dog. A judge in California has rejected the claim that yoga is tantamount to religious instruction and should not be taught in public schools, says the LA Times this morning. The school district in question was teaching yoga as part of a health and fitness program, and is allowed to continue doing so. The judge told upset parents that all references to Hinduism had been taken out of the yoga curriculum and likened it to “other exercise programs like dodgeball.”
SOURCE: LA Times
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMay 5, 2014
- The Most Outdated Computer Technology: The Password
- The New “Oldest Living Man on Earth”
- What’s Killing All The Starfish?
- Has the GOP Tamed the Tea Party?
- Google’s Next Self-Driving Car Has No Steering Wheel or Brakes