Judge: Yoga Not Religious Instruction, OK for Schools
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 2 July 2013 7:40 AM
Reading, Writing and Downward Dog. A judge in California has rejected the claim that yoga is tantamount to religious instruction and should not be taught in public schools, says the LA Times this morning. The school district in question was teaching yoga as part of a health and fitness program, and is allowed to continue doing so. The judge told upset parents that all references to Hinduism had been taken out of the yoga curriculum and likened it to “other exercise programs like dodgeball.”
SOURCE: LA Times
The glow from your electronics can actually be disturbing your sleep.
Check out this amazing shot from the third and final Supermoon of the year.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistorySeptember 19, 2013
- Emmy Awards Celebrate Television’s Past Despite Changing Landscape
- Parkinson’s Takes Center Stage in Michael J. Fox’s New Show
- Voyager Goes Where No Man Has Gone Before
- NSA Winning War on Encryption
- First Tattooed Contestant at Miss America Pageant