Judge: Yoga Not Religious Instruction, OK for Schools
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 2 July 2013 7:40 AM
Reading, Writing and Downward Dog. A judge in California has rejected the claim that yoga is tantamount to religious instruction and should not be taught in public schools, says the LA Times this morning. The school district in question was teaching yoga as part of a health and fitness program, and is allowed to continue doing so. The judge told upset parents that all references to Hinduism had been taken out of the yoga curriculum and likened it to “other exercise programs like dodgeball.”
SOURCE: LA Times
Parental controls aren’t just for kids. Tips to force yourself to take a break from your devices.
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 27, 2013
- New Jersey Residents Split $448 M Powerball Win
- Hundreds Killed As Police Clash With Egyptian Protestors
- When to Take Antibiotics and When to Avoid Them
- Is U.S. Ready for Al Jazeera America?
- Ticketmaster Welcomes Scalpers on New Website