Judge: Yoga Not Religious Instruction, OK for Schools
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 2 July 2013 7:40 AM
Reading, Writing and Downward Dog. A judge in California has rejected the claim that yoga is tantamount to religious instruction and should not be taught in public schools, says the LA Times this morning. The school district in question was teaching yoga as part of a health and fitness program, and is allowed to continue doing so. The judge told upset parents that all references to Hinduism had been taken out of the yoga curriculum and likened it to “other exercise programs like dodgeball.”
SOURCE: LA Times
The glow from your electronics can actually be disturbing your sleep.
Check out this amazing shot from the third and final Supermoon of the year.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistorySeptember 30, 2013
- Five Years After Financial Crisis, System Still Fragile
- Cocktail Waitresses Battle Middleman
- Pope Francis: Church is Obsessed With Abortion, Homosexuality and Contraception
- Disney Cites Abuse in Changing Policy for Disabled Riders
- Adding Outside Noise to Headphones