Jail for Sale
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 28 July 2011 10:55 AM
If you’ve got $5 million to spare, Texas has a deal for you. The town of Littlefield is trying to get out from under an $11 million mountain of debt. Today, bidding will start on the Bill Clayton Detention Center, says the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, which residents once hoped would bring jobs and industry to the small town. To sweeten the deal, the town is even throwing in the jailhouse furniture, linens, computers, and kitchen supplies.
The Kansas City Star says the property is being touted as a “unique opportunity to acquire a turn-key medium security detention center.”
Here’s the auction house profile and info on how to bid.
Check out this promo produced by the auction house. It’s pretty hilarious:
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Food author Michael Ruhlman shares his tips for the perfect scrambled egg.
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/8 Inside the World of Sweepstakes Addicts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg