Jail for Sale
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 28 July 2011 10:55 AM
If you’ve got $5 million to spare, Texas has a deal for you. The town of Littlefield is trying to get out from under an $11 million mountain of debt. Today, bidding will start on the Bill Clayton Detention Center, says the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, which residents once hoped would bring jobs and industry to the small town. To sweeten the deal, the town is even throwing in the jailhouse furniture, linens, computers, and kitchen supplies.
The Kansas City Star says the property is being touted as a “unique opportunity to acquire a turn-key medium security detention center.”
Here’s the auction house profile and info on how to bid.
Check out this promo produced by the auction house. It’s pretty hilarious:
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”
- 12/4 Woman Lines Up Selfie with Bridge Jumper in Background