“Butt Dial” Leads to SWAT Stand-Off
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 5 January 2011 9:39 AM
Officially, it’s referred to as a “butt dial.” It’s an embarrassment experienced by most cell phone users once or twice in their lives, says the Chicago Tribune. But the accidental call of one Illinois man caused “30 gun-toting” SWAT team members to swarm the middle school where he worked. The problem started when the man “butt dialed” his wife. He was in the car, listening to music with “lyrics that were gangster-like.” Convinced that he was being held hostage, the woman quickly called 911. Th ensuing stand-off lasted about three hours and the Tribune says at one point, three news helicopters circled over the school.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 22, 2013
- Teens Drinking More Sugary Beverages
- Twitter Still Losing Money as it Plans IPO
- Health Care Website Woes Could Turn Off Younger Enrollees
- Postal Service Rights Famous Wrong for Stamp Collectors
- Tesla Fire Raises Questions About Acclaimed Car