“Butt Dial” Leads to SWAT Stand-Off
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 5 January 2011 9:39 AM
Officially, it’s referred to as a “butt dial.” It’s an embarrassment experienced by most cell phone users once or twice in their lives, says the Chicago Tribune. But the accidental call of one Illinois man caused “30 gun-toting” SWAT team members to swarm the middle school where he worked. The problem started when the man “butt dialed” his wife. He was in the car, listening to music with “lyrics that were gangster-like.” Convinced that he was being held hostage, the woman quickly called 911. Th ensuing stand-off lasted about three hours and the Tribune says at one point, three news helicopters circled over the school.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013
- 6/18 Exercise Etiquette: To Wave or Not to Wave