Don’t Ask Don’t Tell: Soldier Calls Dad to Say He’s Gay
Written by Pats Papers | Tuesday, 20 September 2011 12:38 PM
Reality TV has nothing on real-life reality. A gay soldier who’s been uploading YouTube videos with his face obscured decided, with the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell today, that he should finally tell his father he’s gay. He posted the video online early today.
His father, on the phone from Alabama, paused for a moment before giving the answer his son was hoping to hear: “I love you” and “it doesn’t change our relationship.”
View the YouTube comments for the Telling My Dad I’m Gay Live video
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 25, 2013
- Tracking the Dead Not So Easy for the Government
- Galaxy has 40 Billion Earth-Like Planets
- San Francisco Bans Tour Buses Around Painted Ladies
- Yahoo Betting on Video with Couric Hire
- Security Changes Unlikely After LAX Incident