Don’t Ask Don’t Tell: Soldier Calls Dad to Say He’s Gay
Written by Pats Papers | Tuesday, 20 September 2011 12:38 PM
Reality TV has nothing on real-life reality. A gay soldier who’s been uploading YouTube videos with his face obscured decided, with the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell today, that he should finally tell his father he’s gay. He posted the video online early today.
His father, on the phone from Alabama, paused for a moment before giving the answer his son was hoping to hear: “I love you” and “it doesn’t change our relationship.”
View the YouTube comments for the Telling My Dad I’m Gay Live video
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryFebruary 1, 2014
- Spy Cams in Sochi Showers
- Amateur Sleuth Helps Reinvigorate 24-Year-Old Murder Case
- Boston Could Bid for 2024 Olympics
- Giant Doughnut the Latest Oversized Roadside Sign to Disappear
- How Long Can Your Son & Daughter Share a Bedroom?