World’s Oldest Bird Has Baby
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 6 February 2013 9:03 AM
According to the front page of the Washington Post this morning, the oldest (known) bird has stunned scientists by having a baby. Wisdom, a 62-year-old albatross, shocked everyone when she gave birth to a healthy chick over the weekend. It was previously thought that albatross females became infertile late in life and Wisdom has already lived about 30 years longer than the average. So who’s the father? The word on the street is that he’s much younger.
SOURCE: Washington Post
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 4, 2014
- California Assembly Passes Cellphone Kill Switch Bill
- Russian Crime Ring Steals 1 Billion Passwords
- Nickelodeon’s New Web Series
- Hotel “Fines” Guests $500 for Bad Reviews
- Scrabble Adds 5,000 Words