Woman Hugs Cop, Accidentally Killed By His Gun
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 9 July 2012 9:12 AM
A tragic story in the Detroit Free-Press this morning. A 25-year-old woman is dead, after she hugged an off-duty police officer at a party and his gun went off, killing her instantly. An investigation has been launched into the accident, but onlookers say the woman hugged the officer and somehow set off the Smith & Wesson in his waistband.
SOURCE: Detroit Free-Press
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?