Woman Gets $900K in Herpes Case
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 5 June 2012 8:25 AM
“The woman was looking for a husband. Instead, she ended up with genital herpes.” In an unprecedented case, the Oregonian says a judge just awarded a Portland woman $900,000 after a man she met on eHarmony gave her herpes. Jurors were asked to contemplate, among other things, how much a person should be compensated for a contracting a disease that affects roughly 1 in 6 adults.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMarch 6, 2014
- Video Shows Chicago Subway Derailment
- College as a Business Transaction
- Metal-Detecting Helicopter Searches for Bombs
- Mudslide Rescuers Try to Prevent Rogue Searchers
- Bank Robbery Falling Out of Favor