Woman Gets $900K in Herpes Case
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 5 June 2012 8:25 AM
“The woman was looking for a husband. Instead, she ended up with genital herpes.” In an unprecedented case, the Oregonian says a judge just awarded a Portland woman $900,000 after a man she met on eHarmony gave her herpes. Jurors were asked to contemplate, among other things, how much a person should be compensated for a contracting a disease that affects roughly 1 in 6 adults.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Parental controls aren’t just for kids. Tips to force yourself to take a break from your devices.
- 7/30 Beyoncé & Jay Z to Split Once Tour Finishes
- 7/22 How to Keep Your Toes Safe During a Pedicure
- 7/24 Eating Well for $4 a Day
- 7/30 President Harding’s Steamy Love Letters Revealed
- 7/23 How to Cook the Perfect Pot of Rice