Woman Gets $900K in Herpes Case
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 5 June 2012 8:25 AM
“The woman was looking for a husband. Instead, she ended up with genital herpes.” In an unprecedented case, the Oregonian says a judge just awarded a Portland woman $900,000 after a man she met on eHarmony gave her herpes. Jurors were asked to contemplate, among other things, how much a person should be compensated for a contracting a disease that affects roughly 1 in 6 adults.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 20, 2013
- Government Rethinks How to Release Economic Data
- Self-Checkout Machines Fall Short
- Conde Nast Ends Internship Program Over Fair Pay Dispute
- 75th Anniversary of the War of the Worlds
- Boehner, White House Harden Stance as Shutdown Enters Second Week