Will We Forget September 11th?
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 11 September 2012 8:32 AM
Today is the 11th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. Last year, the papers devoted a lot of attention to the 10th anniversary. This year, not so much. (The New York Daily News was a notable exception, with a front page photo and many pages of coverage.) USA Today wonders whether September 11th will fade into our memories in the way Pearl Harbor has faded. Or the JFK Assassination. Or the Challenger explosion. An “American Pulse” survey presented this statement to Americans: “I have moved on from the events of September 11th.” Seventy percent said they agreed.
SOURCE: USA Today
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
From now until May 27th, you can enter your business in the “Crowd Rules $50,000 Challenge.”
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice