Weather Channel Debuts Winter Storm Name Roster
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 4 October 2012 8:02 AM
If the Weather Channel has its way, Helen could become one of the most despised names in the country. The Chicago Tribune says the channel wants to name winter storms the same way meteorologists name tropical storms. The idea has gotten a cool reception in the weather community but apparently it’s still a go. That means you might start to hate the names “Athena,” “Brutus,” “Caesar,” and “Helen” when the snow starts piling up. Below, the full list of proposed winter storm names.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity