Warner Bros. Wins Lawsuit; Superman to Stay Super
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 18 October 2012 7:56 AM
Superman will stay super. Warner Bros. just won a crucial legal battle, says the LA Times, against the heirs of Superman co-creator Joseph Shuster, who were after a fifty-percent cut of the superhero. If successful, Warner Bros. would be unable to use specific details about Superman’s backstory—“including his super strength and speed, secret identity as Clark Kent and girlfriend Lois Lane”—in future projects. That just makes him Averageman, doesn’t it?
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity