US Mint Stops Dollar Coin Production
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 14 December 2011 10:16 AM
The US Mint is giving up on the latest incarnation of the dollar coin. The Wall Street Journal says it will not produce any more “dead presidents.” I’m not quite sure why the director of the US Mint didn’t call me for advice. I would’ve told him: if you want a dollar coin to take hold, you have to phase out the paper dollar bill, like Canada did.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice