US Mint Stops Dollar Coin Production
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 14 December 2011 10:16 AM
The US Mint is giving up on the latest incarnation of the dollar coin. The Wall Street Journal says it will not produce any more “dead presidents.” I’m not quite sure why the director of the US Mint didn’t call me for advice. I would’ve told him: if you want a dollar coin to take hold, you have to phase out the paper dollar bill, like Canada did.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity