United States of Big Feet
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 1 March 2010 9:54 AM
As a nation, our feet are getting bigger. The Chicago Tribune says it may be we’ve entered an era of comfortable shoes, which encourages more realism when it comes to size. Or maybe it’s all the pizza with “hormone-laced cheese” we eat as teenagers. Whatever it is the average shoe size for a woman has increased over the past 30 years from 7.5 to 8.5. For men, it’s gone from 9.5 to 10.5. The paper says it can be tricky to find bigger sizes in stores but has a good list of where to look online.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMay 26, 2014
- Kidnapped Ohio Women Speak Out on Anniversary of Their Release
- Could Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 Be A Laptop Replacement?
- “Million Dollar Arm” Pitcher Hopes to Reach Big Leagues
- Report: Donald Sterling Has Cancer
- Gift Shop at September 11 Museum Angers Some