United States of Big Feet
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 1 March 2010 9:54 AM
As a nation, our feet are getting bigger. The Chicago Tribune says it may be we’ve entered an era of comfortable shoes, which encourages more realism when it comes to size. Or maybe it’s all the pizza with “hormone-laced cheese” we eat as teenagers. Whatever it is the average shoe size for a woman has increased over the past 30 years from 7.5 to 8.5. For men, it’s gone from 9.5 to 10.5. The paper says it can be tricky to find bigger sizes in stores but has a good list of where to look online.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 30, 2014
- When Your Star Pitchman Gets Traded
- Scrabble Adds 5,000 Words
- California Assembly Passes Cellphone Kill Switch Bill
- Russian Crime Ring Steals 1 Billion Passwords
- School Cafeteria Food Healthier Than Packed Lunches