United States of Big Feet
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 1 March 2010 9:54 AM
As a nation, our feet are getting bigger. The Chicago Tribune says it may be we’ve entered an era of comfortable shoes, which encourages more realism when it comes to size. Or maybe it’s all the pizza with “hormone-laced cheese” we eat as teenagers. Whatever it is the average shoe size for a woman has increased over the past 30 years from 7.5 to 8.5. For men, it’s gone from 9.5 to 10.5. The paper says it can be tricky to find bigger sizes in stores but has a good list of where to look online.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity