Twin Cities Dole Out Murder Charges for Drug Dealers
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 29 April 2013 8:13 AM
Following a spate of heroin overdoses in the Twin Cities, prosecutors have started charging drug dealers with third-degree murder, instead of drug dealing, in an attempt to staunch the problem. The Star Tribune says the unorthodox approach is the result of “outrage” in the prosecutor’s office. Experts trace the city’s heroin epidemic to the surging number of people who get hooked on prescription painkillers, run out, and then turn to harder drugs on the street.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryDecember 22, 2013
- Can a Smartphone App Improve Your Eyesight?
- Hey LeBron, is it the Shoes?
- Children’s Books Gaining Popularity Among Grown-Ups
- How Camera Phones are Changing Art
- Mandela Interpreter Claims Schizophrenic Episode