Twin Cities Dole Out Murder Charges for Drug Dealers
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 29 April 2013 8:13 AM
Following a spate of heroin overdoses in the Twin Cities, prosecutors have started charging drug dealers with third-degree murder, instead of drug dealing, in an attempt to staunch the problem. The Star Tribune says the unorthodox approach is the result of “outrage” in the prosecutor’s office. Experts trace the city’s heroin epidemic to the surging number of people who get hooked on prescription painkillers, run out, and then turn to harder drugs on the street.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 28, 2014
- NRA Commentator: Blind People Should Have More Guns (VIDEO)
- Kim Kardashian Could Earn $60 Million from Video Game
- It’s a Jungle Out There: Learning to Drive in New York City
- Hotel “Fines” Guests $500 for Bad Reviews
- WWII Portrait Artist Brings Veterans Back in Time