Twin Cities Dole Out Murder Charges for Drug Dealers
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 29 April 2013 8:13 AM
Following a spate of heroin overdoses in the Twin Cities, prosecutors have started charging drug dealers with third-degree murder, instead of drug dealing, in an attempt to staunch the problem. The Star Tribune says the unorthodox approach is the result of “outrage” in the prosecutor’s office. Experts trace the city’s heroin epidemic to the surging number of people who get hooked on prescription painkillers, run out, and then turn to harder drugs on the street.
The glow from your electronics can actually be disturbing your sleep.
Check out this amazing shot from the third and final Supermoon of the year.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 2, 2013
- Draconid Meteor Shower to Light Up Evening Sky
- Facebook’s New Company Town
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli Can’t Find a Date
- Health Care Website Woes Could Turn Off Younger Enrollees
- Facebook Changing the Garage Sale Game