Twin Cities Dole Out Murder Charges for Drug Dealers
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 29 April 2013 8:13 AM
Following a spate of heroin overdoses in the Twin Cities, prosecutors have started charging drug dealers with third-degree murder, instead of drug dealing, in an attempt to staunch the problem. The Star Tribune says the unorthodox approach is the result of “outrage” in the prosecutor’s office. Experts trace the city’s heroin epidemic to the surging number of people who get hooked on prescription painkillers, run out, and then turn to harder drugs on the street.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 22, 2013
- Spain Considers Time Change, Shift to Traditional Work Hours
- Photo of the Day: Seal Escapes Shark’s Bite
- The Rise of the Elliptical Bike
- Halloween Scares Good for Your Health
- Nearly Broke Philadelphia School System has Artwork Worth Millions