Touchdown Jesus Struck by Lightning
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 15 June 2010 7:18 AM
Jesus was struck by lightning in Ohio last night. Known to locals as the “touchdown Jesus,” the iconic 62-foot statue along Route 75 caught fire and burned down to its steel frame says the Middletown Journal. Onlookers noted that the sign to an adult video store across the street, Hustler Hollywood, remained untouched during the storm.
The statue had accumulated many nicknames during its time along the roadside. Wikipedia has a brief explanation of them all.
Click here for more photos from the local Cincinnati radio station
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Business Insider spent a day with me, documenting my 15-hour workday
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/18 Business Insider’s “Day in the Life” Video with Pat
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg