Touchdown Jesus Struck by Lightning
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 15 June 2010 7:18 AM
Jesus was struck by lightning in Ohio last night. Known to locals as the “touchdown Jesus,” the iconic 62-foot statue along Route 75 caught fire and burned down to its steel frame says the Middletown Journal. Onlookers noted that the sign to an adult video store across the street, Hustler Hollywood, remained untouched during the storm.
The statue had accumulated many nicknames during its time along the roadside. Wikipedia has a brief explanation of them all.
Click here for more photos from the local Cincinnati radio station
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 22, 2013
- Fewer Bargains to be Found for Holiday Air Travel
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli Can’t Find a Date
- Your Halloween Costume is Old News
- 75th Anniversary of the War of the Worlds
- 91-Year-Old Marathoner Says His Times are “Lousy”