Touchdown Jesus Struck by Lightning
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 15 June 2010 7:18 AM
Jesus was struck by lightning in Ohio last night. Known to locals as the “touchdown Jesus,” the iconic 62-foot statue along Route 75 caught fire and burned down to its steel frame says the Middletown Journal. Onlookers noted that the sign to an adult video store across the street, Hustler Hollywood, remained untouched during the storm.
The statue had accumulated many nicknames during its time along the roadside. Wikipedia has a brief explanation of them all.
Click here for more photos from the local Cincinnati radio station
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 27, 2014
- More Options for Round-the-World Flights
- School Cafeteria Food Healthier Than Packed Lunches
- Living Memorials Help Terminally Ill Patients Celebrate Life
- Ebola Containment Efforts Thwarted by Lax Enforcement
- Nickelodeon’s New Web Series