Tipping News: 25% the New 20%?
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 19 September 2012 7:09 AM
Is 25 percent the new 20 percent? The New York Post says that’s the opinion of some New York waiters. And consumers don’t seem to mind the price hike. A recent analysis of 9,000 credit card receipts from a restaurant in Poughkeepsie, NY found that 37 percent of diners left more than a 20 percent tip.
SOURCE: New York Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice