Tipping News: 25% the New 20%?
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 19 September 2012 7:09 AM
Is 25 percent the new 20 percent? The New York Post says that’s the opinion of some New York waiters. And consumers don’t seem to mind the price hike. A recent analysis of 9,000 credit card receipts from a restaurant in Poughkeepsie, NY found that 37 percent of diners left more than a 20 percent tip.
SOURCE: New York Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
From now until May 27th, you can enter your business in the “Crowd Rules $50,000 Challenge.”
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma