The Price of Empty Bank Accounts
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 25 April 2013 7:35 AM
According to the Washington Post, the federal government will spend almost a million dollars this year on maintenance fees for bank accounts that are empty but no one bothered to close. And it’s simply because no has done the paperwork to close them. Post writer David Fahrenthold calls the situation an example of “Washington’s waste, a rare specimen of cost untainted by any reward.”
SOURCE: Washington Post
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 21, 2013
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli Can’t Find a Date
- Teens Drinking More Sugary Beverages
- Embracing Hurricane Sandy’s Scars
- iOS7 Flaws a Sign of Apple Losing Its Touch?
- Halloween Candy Sugar Math