The Price of Empty Bank Accounts
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 25 April 2013 7:35 AM
According to the Washington Post, the federal government will spend almost a million dollars this year on maintenance fees for bank accounts that are empty but no one bothered to close. And it’s simply because no has done the paperwork to close them. Post writer David Fahrenthold calls the situation an example of “Washington’s waste, a rare specimen of cost untainted by any reward.”
SOURCE: Washington Post
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryFebruary 27, 2014
- Will NBC’s Olympic Coverage Gloss Over Sochi Issues?
- Jeopardy! Champ Draws Criticism with Unorthodox Strategy
- Family History of Heart Disease Trumps Fitness
- Wild Rumors a Part of Every Snow Forecast
- How Gender Affects Performance in Olympic Athletes