The Price of Empty Bank Accounts
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 25 April 2013 7:35 AM
According to the Washington Post, the federal government will spend almost a million dollars this year on maintenance fees for bank accounts that are empty but no one bothered to close. And it’s simply because no has done the paperwork to close them. Post writer David Fahrenthold calls the situation an example of “Washington’s waste, a rare specimen of cost untainted by any reward.”
SOURCE: Washington Post
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMarch 28, 2014
- What’s Next for the Man Who Killed Pluto?
- Why Trains are More Efficient Than Trucks
- New Starbucks App Could Boost Barista Tips
- Quizzes a Big Draw for Websites
- Product Placement: Coming to a High School Theater Near You