The Clocks That Keep Ticking
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 4 November 2011 7:34 AM
Why do we need public clocks when everybody carries a device or two that keeps time? The Washington Post says “the answer, to paraphrase Monty Python, is that public clocks are only a little bit dead.” Something—civic pride, nostalgia—has kept the clock industry busy, even while the economy tanked.
SOURCE: Washington Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity