The Beehive Turns 50
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 30 December 2010 10:38 AM
Before there was Amy Winehouse and Marge Simpson, there was Margaret Vinci Heldt. The Chicago Tribune says the Illinois woman is the inventor of the iconic 1960s hairstyle, the Beehive, which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2010. Heldt says the coiffure was inspired by a black velvet Fez she owned and her desire to create a style that was easy to maintain.
(Photo courtesy of Wikipedia)
More about the Beehive from Wikipedia
Scroll down for some instructions to turn your own hair into a Beehive:
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 28, 2013
- Uniforms Lose Pockets to Discourage Theft, Contamination
- Don’t Rake Leaves, Mow Them
- Judge Rules Google Book Search Doesn’t Infringe Copyright
- Line Between Week and Weekend Gets Blurrier
- Castles For Sale in New Jersey