The Beehive Turns 50
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 30 December 2010 10:38 AM
Before there was Amy Winehouse and Marge Simpson, there was Margaret Vinci Heldt. The Chicago Tribune says the Illinois woman is the inventor of the iconic 1960s hairstyle, the Beehive, which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2010. Heldt says the coiffure was inspired by a black velvet Fez she owned and her desire to create a style that was easy to maintain.
(Photo courtesy of Wikipedia)
More about the Beehive from Wikipedia
Scroll down for some instructions to turn your own hair into a Beehive:
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”
- 12/4 Woman Lines Up Selfie with Bridge Jumper in Background