The Beehive Turns 50
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 30 December 2010 10:38 AM
Before there was Amy Winehouse and Marge Simpson, there was Margaret Vinci Heldt. The Chicago Tribune says the Illinois woman is the inventor of the iconic 1960s hairstyle, the Beehive, which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2010. Heldt says the coiffure was inspired by a black velvet Fez she owned and her desire to create a style that was easy to maintain.
(Photo courtesy of Wikipedia)
More about the Beehive from Wikipedia
Scroll down for some instructions to turn your own hair into a Beehive:
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 22, 2013
- Oreos as Addictive as Cocaine
- Based on a (Sort of) True Story
- Study: Men Ogle Women’s Bodies, Women do it Too
- Health Care Website Woes Could Turn Off Younger Enrollees
- Draconid Meteor Shower to Light Up Evening Sky