Texas Sets Highest Speed Limit in US
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 7 September 2012 6:58 AM
Everything, it seems, is bigger in Texas—even the speed limit. The Houston Chronicle says the state’s transportation commission just reset the speed limit to 85 on a 41-mile stretch of road outside Austin, which is the fastest you can go on anywhere in the nation. It also means one could drive the whole length, going the speed limit, in 29 minutes.
SOURCE: Houston Chronicle
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity