Tending to Wimbledon’s Celebrity Grass
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 25 June 2012 7:47 AM
It’s a tough year to be the grass at Wimbledon. The famed tourney begins Monday and then the Olympic tennis tournament starts a month later, on July 28. In preparation, the New York Times says a team from the Sports Turf Research Institute has descended on the grounds. And in case of an emergency, they have an entire replica of Center Court growing on a plot 200 miles north of London.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity