Syria Situation Worsens, Diplomats at a Loss
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 31 May 2012 9:18 AM
There’s a powerful photo from Syria on the front page of the Washington Post this morning. A woman carries her injured son into Lebanon. The accompanying story says diplomats aren’t quite sure how to provide help for the country. Sending in UN regulators did little to quell the violence, and Russia has said it will continue to block any attempt to impose sanctions on the Syrian government.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice