Spirit Airlines Reaches New Low with $5 Print Fee
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 22 June 2011 9:36 AM
Catch the Spirit! That’s the marketing slogan of Spirit Airlines. But all passengers are catching these days is more fees says the Wall Street Journal. From the airline that first decided to charge for checked baggage, we get a new low. Starting November 1, Spirit will charge $5 for anyone who doesn’t print their boarding pass at home and requires a gate agent to do so for them. The airline says it will lower the price of its fares by $5 to offset the cost to its customers. But if Spirit’s checked baggage fee is a bellwether, it’s just a matter of time before other airlines Catch the Spirit! and adopted a print-at-the-terminal fee as well.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 21, 2013
- Prisoners Train Service Dogs for Wounded Veterans
- Glee Says Goodbye to Cory Monteith
- Boehner, White House Harden Stance as Shutdown Enters Second Week
- Michelle Obama-Inspired “Just Move” Stamps Pulled Over Safety Concerns
- Twitter Still Losing Money as it Plans IPO