Spirit Airlines Reaches New Low with $5 Print Fee
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 22 June 2011 9:36 AM
Catch the Spirit! That’s the marketing slogan of Spirit Airlines. But all passengers are catching these days is more fees says the Wall Street Journal. From the airline that first decided to charge for checked baggage, we get a new low. Starting November 1, Spirit will charge $5 for anyone who doesn’t print their boarding pass at home and requires a gate agent to do so for them. The airline says it will lower the price of its fares by $5 to offset the cost to its customers. But if Spirit’s checked baggage fee is a bellwether, it’s just a matter of time before other airlines Catch the Spirit! and adopted a print-at-the-terminal fee as well.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryDecember 20, 2013
- House Passes Extension of Undetectable Gun Ban
- Woman Lines Up Selfie with Bridge Jumper in Background
- The Coach’s Power to Motivate Mostly a Myth
- Boston Mayor Set to Get Behind the Wheel Again After 20 Years
- Door-to-Door Travel Sites Gaining Popularity