Spirit Airlines Reaches New Low with $5 Print Fee
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 22 June 2011 9:36 AM
Catch the Spirit! That’s the marketing slogan of Spirit Airlines. But all passengers are catching these days is more fees says the Wall Street Journal. From the airline that first decided to charge for checked baggage, we get a new low. Starting November 1, Spirit will charge $5 for anyone who doesn’t print their boarding pass at home and requires a gate agent to do so for them. The airline says it will lower the price of its fares by $5 to offset the cost to its customers. But if Spirit’s checked baggage fee is a bellwether, it’s just a matter of time before other airlines Catch the Spirit! and adopted a print-at-the-terminal fee as well.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Pat Sajak says this was the most amazing solve in his 30+ years on “Wheel of Fortune.”
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/8 Inside the World of Sweepstakes Addicts
- 4/9 Make Pizza From Scratch
- 4/8 Is Organic Better for Your Health?