Smartphones Leaving Hikers Lost in the Woods
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 25 June 2012 9:06 AM
We’re used to smartphones solving problems—there’s an app for everything, right? But the Boston Globe says they are actually causing quite a problem in the woods. Wildlife experts say more hikers aren’t packing traditional gear—map, compass, flashlight—and instead are relying on their GPS-enabled smartphones, which becomes a problem when, say, you’ve used up your whole battery taking photos.
SOURCE: Boston Globe
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity