Ski Jumping, the Quaint Danger Sport
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 23 February 2010 9:49 AM
It’s hard to be a ski jumper these days. The New York Times asks how the sport became boring after years of appearing exciting and dangerous in the Wide World of Sports intro? Now, it’s snowboarders and aerial skiers who are seen as the daredevils.
I stumbled across the ABC’s Wide World of Sports intro from 1977 and it’s pretty priceless:
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryJanuary 30, 2014
- Is 2014 the Year of the Raise?
- Legal Marijuana Sales Begin in Colorado
- New Mortgage Rules Take Effect
- Man Builds Tiny Town Inside Airplane Hangar
- Shirt Camera Records Your Entire Day