Ski Jumping, the Quaint Danger Sport
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 23 February 2010 9:49 AM
It’s hard to be a ski jumper these days. The New York Times asks how the sport became boring after years of appearing exciting and dangerous in the Wide World of Sports intro? Now, it’s snowboarders and aerial skiers who are seen as the daredevils.
I stumbled across the ABC’s Wide World of Sports intro from 1977 and it’s pretty priceless:
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMarch 29, 2014
- Target Was an Easy Target
- How Frozen Led Disney Animation Back from the Brink
- Grave Diggers Struggle With Cold Temperatures
- What’s Next for the Man Who Killed Pluto?
- Keep Your Smartphone Longer