Ski Jumping, the Quaint Danger Sport
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 23 February 2010 9:49 AM
It’s hard to be a ski jumper these days. The New York Times asks how the sport became boring after years of appearing exciting and dangerous in the Wide World of Sports intro? Now, it’s snowboarders and aerial skiers who are seen as the daredevils.
I stumbled across the ABC’s Wide World of Sports intro from 1977 and it’s pretty priceless:
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity