Ski Jumping, the Quaint Danger Sport
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 23 February 2010 9:49 AM
It’s hard to be a ski jumper these days. The New York Times asks how the sport became boring after years of appearing exciting and dangerous in the Wide World of Sports intro? Now, it’s snowboarders and aerial skiers who are seen as the daredevils.
I stumbled across the ABC’s Wide World of Sports intro from 1977 and it’s pretty priceless:
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 26, 2013
- World’s Largest Gingerbread Village
- New Flying Car Design Could Take Off
- Photo of the Day: Tiger Woods Hits Ball from Europe to Asia
- Good Time to Buy a Used Car
- Google Mapping Florida’s Beaches