Ski Jumping, the Quaint Danger Sport
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 23 February 2010 9:49 AM
It’s hard to be a ski jumper these days. The New York Times asks how the sport became boring after years of appearing exciting and dangerous in the Wide World of Sports intro? Now, it’s snowboarders and aerial skiers who are seen as the daredevils.
I stumbled across the ABC’s Wide World of Sports intro from 1977 and it’s pretty priceless:
The glow from your electronics can actually be disturbing your sleep.
Check out this amazing shot from the third and final Supermoon of the year.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistorySeptember 18, 2013
- Barilla Chairman Sparks Controversy With Remark About Gays
- Chicken Noodle Soup for the Office Worker’s Soul
- Gears Make Bug a Super Jumper
- ‘Lyric Videos’ The Latest Craze
- “Healthy” Chips Flooding the Marketplace