Ski Jumping, the Quaint Danger Sport
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 23 February 2010 9:49 AM
It’s hard to be a ski jumper these days. The New York Times asks how the sport became boring after years of appearing exciting and dangerous in the Wide World of Sports intro? Now, it’s snowboarders and aerial skiers who are seen as the daredevils.
I stumbled across the ABC’s Wide World of Sports intro from 1977 and it’s pretty priceless:
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 30, 2013
- Take Home a Piece of Caesars Palace
- Study: Men Ogle Women’s Bodies, Women do it Too
- North Carolina, Ohio Team Up to Fight Connecticut’s “First in Flight” Claim
- Obama to Nominate Yellen to Fed Post
- iOS7 Flaws a Sign of Apple Losing Its Touch?