Ship Cruises By Stranded Fishing Boat
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 April 2012 9:00 AM
(Image via Wikipedia)
Carnival Cruises has launched an investigation after passengers aboard one of its ships say their captain passed a small fishing boat in distress without stopping to help. The Miami Herald says two men aboard the ship later died. The captain says he was unaware of the fishing boat though dozens of bird-watchers on deck watched in horror as the cruise liner glided past the fishermen. Maritime law mandates that a ships stop if they see another vessel in trouble.
SOURCE: Miami Herald
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMay 28, 2014
- The Curse of the Lottery Winner Being Debunked
- Will Organic Food Get Cheaper?
- Hundreds Gather in Tampa for Santa Convention
- Ford CEO Retiring After Engineering Turnaruond
- Man Jailed 13 Years After Conviction is Freed