Ship Cruises By Stranded Fishing Boat
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 April 2012 9:00 AM
(Image via Wikipedia)
Carnival Cruises has launched an investigation after passengers aboard one of its ships say their captain passed a small fishing boat in distress without stopping to help. The Miami Herald says two men aboard the ship later died. The captain says he was unaware of the fishing boat though dozens of bird-watchers on deck watched in horror as the cruise liner glided past the fishermen. Maritime law mandates that a ships stop if they see another vessel in trouble.
SOURCE: Miami Herald
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 31, 2013
- Government Rethinks How to Release Economic Data
- Health Care Website Woes Could Turn Off Younger Enrollees
- 9-Year-Old Airplane Stowaway Sparks Investigation
- Tom Clancy: From Insurance Sales to Master of the Military Thriller
- Self-Checkout Machines Fall Short