See a Pig? Call the Swine Line
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 24 July 2012 8:57 AM
(Image via Wikipedia)
If you see a feral pig, say something. The Idaho Statesman says its state has joined with Oregon and Washington to create a “swine line,” a number residents can call to “squeal on pigs.” Authorities are trying to gauge what the feral pig population in the Northwest is. Wild pigs aren’t native to the US and are considered a pest, albeit a productive one—they start breeding at 6 months old and can have multiple litters a year.
SOURCE: Idaho Statesman
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?