Save Water by ‘Showerpooling’
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 18 September 2012 7:19 AM
The young man-centric brand Axe has come up with a novel way to pitch water conservation. A new ad campaign promotes “showerpooling,” the practice of washing off with a friend or an “attractive stranger.” USA Today says its tongue-in-cheek references resonate well with a younger audience, and calls it “a made-for-Millennial campaign.” Parent company Unilever says the spots are actually about water conservation, noting that the average college student takes an 18-minute shower.
See the ad below:
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity