Rep. Governors Bend on Online Sales Tax
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 16 July 2012 7:46 AM
Republican governors are letting go of their long-time opposition to an online sales tax, says the Wall Street Journal. The main reason? Money. They need more of it, so they’ve joined their Democratic colleagues in brokering deals with companies like Amazon to collect taxes at a state level. That means more expensive Internet shopping for consumers, and an influx of money for state governments.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity