Ref Fiasco Hurting NFL
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 26 September 2012 7:38 AM
This NFL replacement ref mess is really coming to a head. Yesterday the league issued a confusing statement about the botched call in Monday’s Seahawks-Packers game, calling it both an error and that the replacement ref was correct to award the Seahawks a touchdown. The Wall Street Journal’s summary of the whole debacle is really good, and points out the reality of the situation—namely that the $10 billion business is hurting itself over a $3 million dispute.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice