Ref Fiasco Hurting NFL
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 26 September 2012 7:38 AM
This NFL replacement ref mess is really coming to a head. Yesterday the league issued a confusing statement about the botched call in Monday’s Seahawks-Packers game, calling it both an error and that the replacement ref was correct to award the Seahawks a touchdown. The Wall Street Journal’s summary of the whole debacle is really good, and points out the reality of the situation—namely that the $10 billion business is hurting itself over a $3 million dispute.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Six years after his Manhattan pad was showcased, Pat invites a New York Post reporter to Brooklyn to check out his new digs.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013