Record Thawing in the Arctic
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 7 September 2012 8:14 AM
The Wall Street Journal reports on a record ice thaw in the Arctic Sea. Scientists believe that more of the Greenland ice cap has melted recently than in the 33 years since it has been monitored. Rising sea levels will affect weather patterns around the globe—they also will open up polar shipping lanes and the opportunity for mineral exploration.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013