Rare Baseball Cards a Jackpot
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 11 July 2012 8:09 AM
The Toledo Blade says Karl Kissner was going through his grandfather’s attic this winter when he stumbled upon a box of old baseball cards. He recognized some of the names— Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Cy Young—so he contacted an auction house. Turns out the cards, which are in mint condition, “represent the greatest and rarest discovery in the sports card industry’s history.” They are expected to bring in close to $3 million at auction.
SOURCE: Toledo Blade
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity