Push to Open Lou Gehrig’s Medical Records
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 4 October 2012 8:21 AM
There’s a fight in Minnesota to unseal Lou Gehrig’s medical records, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune this morning. Legislators are pushing to make the records public, to see if the baseball great’s death had anything to do with the several “well-publicized concussions” he received during his career. The Mayo Clinic, which owns the records, has refused to release them for 71 years and is resisting this latest attempt as well.
SOURCE: Minneapolis Star Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity