Pricing Presidential Pads
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 19 October 2012 8:20 AM
Say you’re in the market for a really big house…a white one. It’s not for sale, but the Wall Street Journal went ahead and got the White House appraised. Including the grounds, the property would go for about $1.5 billion. There are estimates for other presidential pads too. George Washington’s Mount Vernon is a relative steal at $150 million. And Thomas Jefferson’s old digs? They’re an outright deal at $106.5 million.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice