‘Presenteeism’ A Worry During Flu Season
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 8:35 AM
You’re not doing anyone any favors by coming into work sick. But more and more people say they feel pressured to do so, says the Minneapolis Star Tribune. In fact, it’s become such a problem that a new word was coined to describe the phenomenon: presenteeism. An antonym of absenteeism, it means coming to work when you should be at home getting better.
SOURCE: Minneapolis Star Tribune
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 24, 2013
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli Can’t Find a Date
- Ebay Founder to Fund Watchdog Journalism
- Should We Still Bother with Daylight Saving Time?
- North Carolina, Ohio Team Up to Fight Connecticut’s “First in Flight” Claim
- High Blood Sugar Linked to Poor Memory