‘Presenteeism’ A Worry During Flu Season
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 8:35 AM
You’re not doing anyone any favors by coming into work sick. But more and more people say they feel pressured to do so, says the Minneapolis Star Tribune. In fact, it’s become such a problem that a new word was coined to describe the phenomenon: presenteeism. An antonym of absenteeism, it means coming to work when you should be at home getting better.
SOURCE: Minneapolis Star Tribune
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryDecember 20, 2013
- Joint Effort to Save the Dead Sea
- Retailers May Start Charging Fees for Using Credit Instead of Cash
- Amazon Testing Delivery Drones
- Cell Phone Calls Likely to Remain Banned on Planes
- Opinion: Why Other Countries Teach Kids Better