‘Presenteeism’ A Worry During Flu Season
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 8:35 AM
You’re not doing anyone any favors by coming into work sick. But more and more people say they feel pressured to do so, says the Minneapolis Star Tribune. In fact, it’s become such a problem that a new word was coined to describe the phenomenon: presenteeism. An antonym of absenteeism, it means coming to work when you should be at home getting better.
SOURCE: Minneapolis Star Tribune
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMay 23, 2014
- As Tolls Go Cashless, Booth Workers Reflect on 5-Second Friendships
- Could Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 Be A Laptop Replacement?
- Farewell to Barbara Walters
- Point/Counterpoint: Should Companies Monitor Employees’ Tweets?
- Will Organic Food Get Cheaper?