‘Presenteeism’ A Worry During Flu Season
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 8:35 AM
You’re not doing anyone any favors by coming into work sick. But more and more people say they feel pressured to do so, says the Minneapolis Star Tribune. In fact, it’s become such a problem that a new word was coined to describe the phenomenon: presenteeism. An antonym of absenteeism, it means coming to work when you should be at home getting better.
SOURCE: Minneapolis Star Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 11/22 Abraham Zapruder and His Famous Film
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”