Picasso’s Ghost Image Comes into Focus
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 25 October 2012 7:45 AM
Buying a Picasso maybe a better investment than previously thought. The New York Times has side-by-side shots of a painting hidden beneath another Picasso painting, “Woman Ironing.” Historians have known of the ghost image’s existence—a man with a mustache—for years but they were recently able to produce a detailed picture of it using two types of infrared cameras.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity