“People Spots” Take Over Parking Spots
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 31 July 2012 8:25 AM
In San Francisco they’re called “parklets.” In Chicago, they’re being marketed as “people spots,” says the Tribune. Basically, they are miniature parks built, semi-permanently, in a curbside parking spot. That means more room for the public to hang out on the street—and fewer parking spots for those circling the block.
SOURCE: Chicago Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity