Paterno Statue Removed
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 23 July 2012 8:12 AM
That’s Joe Paterno on the front page of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette—the guy in the middle. A forklift carried away the 900-pound, 7-foot-tall statue of the former Penn State coach yesterday as a crowd of fans gathered to say goodbye. University officials are now bracing for a wave of fines to come down from the NCAA in the wake of Jerry Sandusky’s ongoing sex-abuse scandal.
SOURCE: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?