Opinion: “Olympic Badminton Players Kicked Out of London Games. Really?”
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 2 August 2012 6:54 AM
Eight badminton players from China, South Korea and Indonesia have been booted from the Olympic for trying to lose, which would guarantee them a good position in the next round. Washington Post columnist Sally Jenkins can’t get over that the “game of the bored-silly rich and the backyard dads, could be so . . . bad?” She goes on to say that, regardless of the sport, watching elite athletes take dives is disheartening at best, and at worst, defrauds spectators.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice