Opinion: Driverless Cars, the Perfect Transportation
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 18 July 2012 9:00 AM
(Image via Wikipedia)
There’s a cool guest column in the Wall Street Journal this morning about how driverless cars are the perfect transportation solution. Clifford Winston, who’s a senior fellow in economics at the Brookings Institution, says it would be far better to spend money on driverless car technology than on high-speed trains. He says we’d have fewer accidents, less congestion, and the ability to safely text in the car if a computer was driving for us.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice