Opinion: Amazon “Publishing’s Real Nemesis”
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 16 April 2012 8:30 AM
The Justice Department’s decision to sue Apple and five publishing companies for e-book price fixing while ignoring Amazon’s influence caught New York Times’ columnist David Carr’s eye this morning. He says that’s like ” taking on Standard Oil but breaking up Ed’s Gas ’N’ Groceries on Route 19 instead.” Carr says the Apple lawsuit misses the point that Amazon is “publishing’s real nemesis.”
SOURCE: New York Times
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 22, 2013
- Postal Service Rights Famous Wrong for Stamp Collectors
- Renewed Interest in JonBenét Ramsey Case
- Should We Still Bother with Daylight Saving Time?
- Driver Held in Deadly Monster Truck Crash
- T-Mobile Sharply Cuts International Roaming Rates