Obama and Palin Share Milkshake in Riverdale
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 22 September 2010 7:24 AM
If you ever wondered what Archie’s politics were, there’s an answer in today’s New York Post. In the latest issue, Obama endorses Archie for class president and Palin sides with Reggie. But there don’t seem to be any hard feelings—the arch enemies are pictured sharing a milkshake on the issue’s cover.
Apparently, the story line will have a two-issue arc, complete with lying, cheating and a visit from the Secret Service—sounds like a real campaign. The politically charged comic comes just weeks after the folks at Archie Comics introduced their first gay character, Kevin Keller. Editors told the Daily Beast that their readers were generally tolerant of Keller, and that any canceled subscriptions were made up from with new subscribers. They expect their readers to be similarly tolerant of the political storyline.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Business Insider spent a day with me, documenting my 15-hour workday
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/18 Business Insider’s “Day in the Life” Video with Pat
- 4/21 Teen Survives Flight from San Jose to Maui in Wheel Well
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg