NFL’s Replacement Refs an ‘Unintentional Comedy Routine’
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 28 August 2012 8:12 AM
The New York Times looks ahead to the start of the NFL season and the prospect that the regular group of officials will still be off the job in a contract dispute. The replacement referee for one recent preseason game mixed up the coin toss. Times writer Sam Borden says this is an “unintentional comedy routine” that has done little to dissuade visions of an impending disaster.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?