Newsweek, Daily Beast Announce Merger
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 12 November 2010 9:54 AM
They’re losing money at Newsweek, about $20 million this year. And they’re losing money at the Daily Beast—about $10 million, according to insiders. So why not combine? The Wall Street Journal has the details on the merger which will create one Tina Brown-helmed venture called the Newsweek Daily Beast Co. The Journal points out that while Brown has a reputation for saving troubled titles, online-only news outlets have had a difficult time turning a profit.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
- 7/15 Did This Man Invent the Selfie?
- 7/22 How to Keep Your Toes Safe During a Pedicure
- 7/16 The Downside of Sexy Profile Pics
- 7/24 Eating Well for $4 a Day
- 7/15 Regrets of Aging Americans