Newsweek, Daily Beast Announce Merger
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 12 November 2010 9:54 AM
They’re losing money at Newsweek, about $20 million this year. And they’re losing money at the Daily Beast—about $10 million, according to insiders. So why not combine? The Wall Street Journal has the details on the merger which will create one Tina Brown-helmed venture called the Newsweek Daily Beast Co. The Journal points out that while Brown has a reputation for saving troubled titles, online-only news outlets have had a difficult time turning a profit.
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 31, 2013
- Colleges Try Lowering Tuition and Aid
- Prisoners Train Service Dogs for Wounded Veterans
- Based on a (Sort of) True Story
- Facebook Changing the Garage Sale Game
- Postal Service Rights Famous Wrong for Stamp Collectors