Newsweek, Daily Beast Announce Merger
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 12 November 2010 9:54 AM
They’re losing money at Newsweek, about $20 million this year. And they’re losing money at the Daily Beast—about $10 million, according to insiders. So why not combine? The Wall Street Journal has the details on the merger which will create one Tina Brown-helmed venture called the Newsweek Daily Beast Co. The Journal points out that while Brown has a reputation for saving troubled titles, online-only news outlets have had a difficult time turning a profit.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMarch 6, 2014
- The Tale of Bonanza, Colo. Population 1
- Is Bieber the World’s Biggest Jerk?
- Regulating Rabble-Rousers
- White Sox Groundskeeper Has Big Challenge Following Frigid Winter
- Get Better at Saying “No”