Newsweek, Daily Beast Announce Merger
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 12 November 2010 9:54 AM
They’re losing money at Newsweek, about $20 million this year. And they’re losing money at the Daily Beast—about $10 million, according to insiders. So why not combine? The Wall Street Journal has the details on the merger which will create one Tina Brown-helmed venture called the Newsweek Daily Beast Co. The Journal points out that while Brown has a reputation for saving troubled titles, online-only news outlets have had a difficult time turning a profit.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 5, 2014
- A Little Pessimism is a Good Thing
- More Options for Round-the-World Flights
- Living Memorials Help Terminally Ill Patients Celebrate Life
- Ebola Drugs a Low Priority for Pharmaceutical Companies
- Wireless Phone Charging Coming Soon