Newsweek, Daily Beast Announce Merger
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 12 November 2010 9:54 AM
They’re losing money at Newsweek, about $20 million this year. And they’re losing money at the Daily Beast—about $10 million, according to insiders. So why not combine? The Wall Street Journal has the details on the merger which will create one Tina Brown-helmed venture called the Newsweek Daily Beast Co. The Journal points out that while Brown has a reputation for saving troubled titles, online-only news outlets have had a difficult time turning a profit.
The glow from your electronics can actually be disturbing your sleep.
Check out this amazing shot from the third and final Supermoon of the year.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistorySeptember 18, 2013
- Over-The-Hill Video Game Champ Grooms Next Generation
- New London Building Melts Car
- Florida Uses Magic to Slow Drivers Down
- Swimmer Fights Ruling on Disability
- Time to Do Away with Restaurant Tips?