Proposed Law: Sing Anthem Correctly or Face Fine
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 30 December 2011 10:09 AM
Well, Christina Aguilera would definitely be out $25 bucks. So would Jimmy Hendrix. The Indianapolis Star says a lawmaker has introduced legislation that would set “performance standards” for “The Star Spangled Banner.” Performers both amateur and professional would have to sign a contract before performing the anthem, and if they deviate from the standard lyrics, they face a whopping $25 fine.
SOURCE: Indianapolis Star
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity