Proposed Law: Sing Anthem Correctly or Face Fine
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 30 December 2011 10:09 AM
Well, Christina Aguilera would definitely be out $25 bucks. So would Jimmy Hendrix. The Indianapolis Star says a lawmaker has introduced legislation that would set “performance standards” for “The Star Spangled Banner.” Performers both amateur and professional would have to sign a contract before performing the anthem, and if they deviate from the standard lyrics, they face a whopping $25 fine.
SOURCE: Indianapolis Star
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryDecember 18, 2013
- Can a Smartphone App Improve Your Eyesight?
- Poll: Only Half of Americans Consider Christmas a Religious Holiday
- US Airways Flies Off Into the Sunset
- NSA Ruling Judge Has History of Taking on Tough Issues
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cell Phone Records Daily