Proposed Law: Sing Anthem Correctly or Face Fine
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 30 December 2011 10:09 AM
Well, Christina Aguilera would definitely be out $25 bucks. So would Jimmy Hendrix. The Indianapolis Star says a lawmaker has introduced legislation that would set “performance standards” for “The Star Spangled Banner.” Performers both amateur and professional would have to sign a contract before performing the anthem, and if they deviate from the standard lyrics, they face a whopping $25 fine.
SOURCE: Indianapolis Star
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Food author Michael Ruhlman shares his tips for the perfect scrambled egg.
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/8 Inside the World of Sweepstakes Addicts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg