National Zoo Welcomes New Panda
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 18 September 2012 8:30 AM
Forget the president and Mitt Romeny—the biggest celebrity in Washington right now is black and white and cuddly. The National Zoo welcomed a new panda in to the world late Sunday night when it’s giant female panda in residence Mei Xiang gave birth after five failed attempts. Zoo officials say they will stick with the Chinese custom of waiting 100 days to name the cub.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?