Museum Offers Chance to Get MegaZapped
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 10 October 2012 7:30 AM
Want to experience “4 million volts of electricity coming at you while you sit in a metal cage?” (My answer: no.) The Seattle Times says the Spark Museum of Electrical Invention has finally got its megazapper up and running. Organizers say the exhibit was a hard sell to their insurance company, but it was finally approved. The electricity doesn’t enter the cage, just rolls along the metal, illustrating why it’s safer to stay in a car during a lightning storm.
SOURCE: Seattle Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013