Museum Offers Chance to Get MegaZapped
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 10 October 2012 7:30 AM
Want to experience “4 million volts of electricity coming at you while you sit in a metal cage?” (My answer: no.) The Seattle Times says the Spark Museum of Electrical Invention has finally got its megazapper up and running. Organizers say the exhibit was a hard sell to their insurance company, but it was finally approved. The electricity doesn’t enter the cage, just rolls along the metal, illustrating why it’s safer to stay in a car during a lightning storm.
SOURCE: Seattle Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’