Mock Cannon Fight Turns Bloody
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 13 September 2012 7:59 AM
(Image via Wikipedia)
What was supposed to be a mock cannon fight to celebrate the Ocean Institute’s annual tall ships festival turned into “a scene from ‘The Exorcist,’” says the LA Times. When a cannon aboard one ship ran out of blanks during the festival’s finale, organizers accidentally filled it with a box of buckshot ammunition. Whoops. Two people were injured as a result.
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity