MIT’s Charm School
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 5 March 2013 8:49 AM
There’s one subject that MIT students struggle with, says the LA Times: etiquette. So the university has come up with a solution. Now in its 20th year, MIT’s Charm School is offered to students who, though their “SAT scores dwarf the average mortgage payment” need a little help with the social side of life. Instruction includes answering tough questions like: what is okay to dunk (only biscotti, never donuts); should a man hold the door for his female boss (if you get there first hold it for everyone); and when is it okay to wear open-toed shoes to an interview (never).
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice