MIT’s Charm School
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 5 March 2013 8:49 AM
There’s one subject that MIT students struggle with, says the LA Times: etiquette. So the university has come up with a solution. Now in its 20th year, MIT’s Charm School is offered to students who, though their “SAT scores dwarf the average mortgage payment” need a little help with the social side of life. Instruction includes answering tough questions like: what is okay to dunk (only biscotti, never donuts); should a man hold the door for his female boss (if you get there first hold it for everyone); and when is it okay to wear open-toed shoes to an interview (never).
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 11/22 Abraham Zapruder and His Famous Film
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”