Memphis Fattest City in the US
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 10 May 2012 8:29 AM
Memphis received a dubious honor this week when Newsweek crowned it America’s fattest city. More than one-third of its inhabitants are considered obese, or, as the Commercial Appeal says, “it’s the city that turned barbecue into an art form and bought a special ambulance in March to transport super-sized patients.” That ambulance, by the way? Already broken.
SOURCE: Commercial Appeal
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMarch 2, 2014
- How Frozen Led Disney Animation Back from the Brink
- Why Trains are More Efficient Than Trucks
- Paper Business Cards Live On
- Study: Autism May Begin During Pregnancy
- College as a Business Transaction