Memphis Fattest City in the US
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 10 May 2012 8:29 AM
Memphis received a dubious honor this week when Newsweek crowned it America’s fattest city. More than one-third of its inhabitants are considered obese, or, as the Commercial Appeal says, “it’s the city that turned barbecue into an art form and bought a special ambulance in March to transport super-sized patients.” That ambulance, by the way? Already broken.
SOURCE: Commercial Appeal
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryJanuary 29, 2014
- 20 Years Since Kerrigan Attack
- Breaking Bad Still a Draw, Still Controversial in Albuquerque
- Letter to “Daughter Killed in Crash” Sparks Data Mining Criticism
- Buffett Offers $1B for Perfect NCAA Bracket
- Workout Fashion Dos & Don’ts