Memphis Fattest City in the US
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 10 May 2012 8:29 AM
Memphis received a dubious honor this week when Newsweek crowned it America’s fattest city. More than one-third of its inhabitants are considered obese, or, as the Commercial Appeal says, “it’s the city that turned barbecue into an art form and bought a special ambulance in March to transport super-sized patients.” That ambulance, by the way? Already broken.
SOURCE: Commercial Appeal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”
- 12/4 Woman Lines Up Selfie with Bridge Jumper in Background