Memphis Fattest City in the US
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 10 May 2012 8:29 AM
Memphis received a dubious honor this week when Newsweek crowned it America’s fattest city. More than one-third of its inhabitants are considered obese, or, as the Commercial Appeal says, “it’s the city that turned barbecue into an art form and bought a special ambulance in March to transport super-sized patients.” That ambulance, by the way? Already broken.
SOURCE: Commercial Appeal
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 22, 2013
- Hurricanes Taking the Year Off
- The Significance of Saying “I”
- Driver Held in Deadly Monster Truck Crash
- North Carolina, Ohio Team Up to Fight Connecticut’s “First in Flight” Claim
- T-Mobile Sharply Cuts International Roaming Rates